EDGE-V is a tool prepare meshes for use in the core solver EDGE. It includes the following key features:
- Parsing of velocity models and performing respective mesh annotations.
- Derivation of background fields with target-edge lengths for problem-aware meshing.
- Derivation of optimal Local Time Stepping (LTS) groups.
- LTS-aware partitioning.
- Mesh reordering based on the partitioning and time step groups.
- Splitting of the mesh into separate per-partition chunks and derivation of respective annotations, e.g., the communication structure, for use in EDGE.